BS Steels provides a comprehensive steel service, including supply, design, fabrication, and assistance in installation for our client base across the region. We understand that sometimes our clients will require assistance on-site. Whether it’s to assist with the joining of steels together or making alterations to structural sections, emergency welding jobs or quick repairs we can help.
We can offer a full range of fabrication services on-site:
BS Steels has steel installation teams working and available across Southern England on many contracts daily. From smaller contractors and local builders, pure installation to challenging installations on major projects, we offer a range of services all aiming to ensure the most effective and safest implementation of our clients’ steelwork needs.
‘On call’ service direct to your site
BS Steels’s fully equipped mobile workshop provides an invaluable extra on-site resource to our clients. Normally available ‘on call’, we can provide services including:
- Site welding, cutting and drilling
- modification of existing structures and connection/extension of new structures
- Installation of steelwork to extensions and new build structures
- Installation of stairs, handrails, fire escapes
- Qualified and experienced workforce with ability to interpret plans and assist with your project.
- Core drilling up to 700mm
- All aspects of diamond drilling, floor/wall sawing in all base materials.
- Stitch drilling applications.
- Percussion drilling and diamond drilling for anchor installation.
- A full range of equipment and techniques, complementing ideally our expertise in steel.
To book an on-site visit, call us on 02392 673778 or e-mail George or Courtney.
To ensure speed of response, this is available within a 40-mile radius of our Portsmouth base, although if you fall outside of this please contact us and we will see what we can do to assist.
Larger steelwork projects: we see the ‘big picture’
Through extensive experience in installation of larger steelwork projects, BS Steels understands their intricacies, and how critical it is for all involved to work together to achieve an optimal result, taking into account time, cost and safety.
Typically, when tendering for a larger project, we will meet up and ‘walk the route’ at the outset; we will aim to quote on the basis of getting the job completed, advising on the full requirements, and not excluding essential elements to be brought in later as ‘extras’; and we would expect to take responsibility on site for planning and coordinating the steelwork.
When implementing refurbishment projects, we will consider with the structural engineer the safety and integrity of the original structure at all times.
In summary, we look to give our clients maximum reassurance that their project will be implemented in as TIMELY a manner as possible, as SAFELY as possible, and as COST EFFECTIVELY as possible.