BS Steels supplies services and steel for infrastructure. We have a strong track record in Highways, Railways and other infrastructure-related projects. We are a Tier 2 recommended contractor with Connect Plus, and work with many of the UK’s major framework contractors and construction businesses.
- Execution Class up to and including EXC3 in accordance with BS EN 1090-2 : 2008 + A1 : 2011
- LRQA-approved for ISO 9001:2015; National Highway Sector Scheme No 20 – for the Execution of Steelwork in Transportation Infrastructure Assets
Our extensive range of services includes:
- Steel for infrastructure assets. Structural highway and railway repairs to all steelwork: viaducts, parapets, gantries, structures, signage, vehicle and pedestrian restraint systems including armco crash barriers, balustrades etc
- Steel works and repairs for motorway, highway and road bridges.
- Specialised expertise for repairs to cracks and metal fatigue. Site non-destructive testing (NDT) of materials and welds: ultrasonic, magnetic particle and acid etching testing of materials and welds, enabling data to be converted to provide appropriate solutions.
- Capability to take on the most challenging welding tasks, ability to deploy teams at short notice.
- Fabrication and installation, including highway bridge parapets and structural metal decking, structural staircases, pedestrian walkways, gantries and ladders.
- Armco barrier installation and repairs.
- Full range of specialised diamond drilling and cutting, anchoring and crack repair services.
- Site painting ‐ remedial and new ‐ shotblasting.
- Structural staircases, pedestrian walkways, gantries and ladders.
Please visit our project reports to see these services in action.